1.06.2009

Recipe Tuesday

While talking to my roommate Brookie Hatch today, she and I started going back on college memories. One of the memories was how she should write a book called "1001 Ways to Eat a Saltine Cracker" and then we remembered the cornbread...

My mom makes the most superb cornbread! (Well, everything she makes is superb!!!) :) But really, this cornbread....is simply DIVINE!

I've decided that each Tuesday I'm going to post a recipe. Hope you all enjoy! They've all been tested, and totally enjoyed! :)

Mamma's Southern Corn Bread
  1. Melt 1 c. butter
  2. Add and stir well 1 1/4 c. sugar
  3. Blend in 4 eggs
  4. Add 2 c. buttermilk & 1 tsp. baking soda
  5. Stir just until blended, then add:
  • 2 c. corn meal
  • 2 c. flour
  • 1/2 tsp. salt

Bake in greased 9x13" pan @ 350F for 35-40 minutes.

(Just press the "golden brown" button!)

No comments: