My dad sent me this really cool email. I hope that I can do these 20 things this year on top of my goals. :)
20 Tips for a Positive New Year
1. Stay Positive. You can listen to the cynics and doubters and believe that success is impossible or you can know that with faith and an optimistic attitude all things are possible.
2. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement: My purpose is_______________________.
3. Take a morning walk of gratitude. It will create a fertile mind ready for success.
4. Instead of being disappointed about where you are think optimistically about where you are going.
5. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
6. Transform adversity into success by deciding that change is not your enemy but your friend. In the challenge discover the opportunity.
7. Make a difference in the lives of others.
8. Believe that everything happens for a reason and expect good things to come out of challenging experiences.
9. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
10. Mentor someone and be mentored by someone.
11. Live with the 3 E's. Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
12. Remember there’s no substitute for hard work.
13. Zoom Focus. Each day when you wake up in the morning ask: “What are the three most important things I need to do today that will help me create the success I desire?” Then tune out all the distractions and focus on these actions.
14. Instead of complaining focus on solutions. It’s the key to innovation.
15. Read more books than you did in 2008.
16. Learn from mistakes and let them teach you to make positive changes.
17. Focus on “Get to” vs “Have to.” Each day focus on what you get to do, not what you have to do. Life is a gift not an obligation.
18. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements:
I am thankful for __________.
Today I accomplished____________.
19. Smile and laugh more. They are natural anti-depressants.
20. Enjoy the ride. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy it.
Some of my personal resolutions include:
- READ THE BOOK OF MORMON BY THE YEAR'S END--I can't say that I've ever done it...Better late than never, right?!?
- ATTEND THE TEMPLE MORE--I know the blessings are so great...I just need to go more! I have been to the Redlands Temple, and the Los Angeles Temple. I hope to visit the Newport Temple, San Diego Temple, and the Fresno Temple! :)
- CAPTURE FUN MOMENTS--Everytime we go somewhere, I always forget my camera. And if I do take it...I forget that I have it, and don't take pictures!
- BE A BETTER WIFE--I have no doubt that Dustin loves me, however, I need to be better at making sure that there is food in the fridge at all times as well as being better at meal planning!
- GET INTO SHAPE--I want to be a lean mean hott sexy wife. I've got the lean, but now I need the "mean!" :)
- DO MORE CRAFT PROJECTS--I have so many stored up in my head that just want to come out. I am thinking about purchasing an inexpensive yet nice sewing maching....anyone have any tips? (Meg--?) :)
This new year is going to be a great one! :) I can feel it!