6.19.2008

MINDLESS MIDNIGHT MASCARADE




So, I've had a lot on my mind lately, and with Dustin being out of town this week I've been thinking a lot...Not to mention that my one year anniversary is this upcoming Sunday. (I've got another blog in the process for that "special day!")



Tonight as I was sitting at my computer and I was looking out my window, it was amazing to me how fast the marine layer crept up on downtown Long Beach. It was quite beautiful actually! Watching it slowly engulf the streets and fill the air. I've never seen it quite like that, and this far up before. I mean it looks overcast in the morning, but never super super foggy! (And it is very thick fog down by the ocean!) As I watched it, my thoughts were turned to Joseph Smith... actually, as I watched the fog, I thought about him kneeling to pray in the grove of trees, and being overcome by the thick darkness. I love that he put all his focus on God, and he was released from the darkness. I am so greatful for Joseph Smith and the restoration of the gospel, that through him, was restored to the earth.



I also thought of my sweet hubby! :) Dustin is always such a spiritual giant, and I love that about him! I look into his eyes, and I know that he knows without a shadow of a doubt that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church, and that Jesus Christ was resurrected and that the gospel was restored by Joseph Smith. I can see it in his face and the way he talks about the church with such honor and respect. I love that he wants that spirit in our home! I am so greatful for Dustin, and the example he is to me and his willingness to be my "spiritual giant" and example! I am in no means perfect (I mean I'm close...) :) and I don't often feel in the mood to read my scriptures late at night or talk church talk (partly because I'm a novice compared to Mr. Scripture Mastery here...) but I hope that my husband knows that I love this gospel, and I know it is true! :)



So Dustin, as you read this...I hope you know that I love you, and I am so greatful to have you as the priesthood holder in our home! You are such a sweet and loving husband and my very best friend! I want you to know that you mean so much to me, and your spiritual example is so strong! I know that you are a great example on more people than just me!



I love you! (& I promise I will read scriptures with you...!) :)



Ok....I'm off to bed...I'm tired now...and I think I can fall and stay asleep! ;)



...See you all tomorrow!

No comments: