3.27.2011

{Two}

Little Miss is FINALLY asleep. Hallelujah!


We've had a great day today. My baby girl has been such a fun lil critter. Busy, but fun! She never ceases to put a smile on my face.

Lets be honest though...nap time and bedtime, there wasn't a smile on my face. I don't know what is up, but Marissa does NOT want to sleep. I think she is so close to walking that she is wanting to move so much that she doesn't want to sleep. We had our friends Rhett and Abe over tonight and each of us took a turn to try to put Marissa to bed...no one succeeded.

Once everyone left I finally just let her scream it out while I enjoyed some of these bad boys...


Chocolate Peanut Butter Grahamwiches. I found this recipe (and photo) from the Biggest Loser Family Cookbook I just bought. Oh my, do these make my taste buds happy.

Almost as happy as she does.


Marissa LOVES books! She will "read" to us and loves to turn the pages. She loves to be read to and loves when I make character voices. I hope that she continues to love reading. I brought her book basket out to the living room today and she would bring me her books so we could "read" them. She is so smart too, I'd hold them upside down on purpose and she would filp them right side up.

Besides not sleeping and getting into everything, Marissa has spent a lot of time "walking" today. I'm going to guess that she will have taken steps by herself by next week. She is sooooooo close! She gets so excited.  I can only imagine how it must feel to walk for the first time. Exhilarating I would guess.


We have the most beautiful dog. Really, he is.

Bronco is such a great dog. He truly is part of the family, I couldn't imagine life without him. He and Marissa are the bestest of friends. He follows her around and brings his toys to her (which kind of grosses me out), his blankies, and has to be right by her at all times.  I've learned that I always need to keep her bedroom door shut all the way when she is napping because he will check on her while she is in the crib and he ALWAYS wakes her up...



I'm so grateful for my little family! They make me so happy and want to be a better person.  I can't imagine what my life would be like without them. I have the world's hottest husband who works so hard to provide for us...not to mention he is fun to hang out with. He is always making me laugh!


Ok...How cute is this skirt?! I think I need to figure out how to make this in my size! Marissa's birthday is coming up and I am loving this skirt. (If you click on the image of the skirt, it will lead you to the tutorial...) Be sure to check out Make It and Love It for cute ideas and fun tutorials... I have so many craft ideas on my "list"...I don't even know where to start....

I think I'll start by catching some shuteye. Night peeps!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I love the 11 month pic of Marissa sticking her tongue out...then the pic of Bronco sticking his tongue out. It made me giggle. :-)

nona said...

Karen I am so impressed with your Blog. It is beautiful. You are a very talented writer--and you have a darling daughter.